Thursday, March 22, 2012

How I Live Now By Meg Rosoff



How I Live Now By Meg Rosoff

Elizabeth (who goes by the name of Daisy) is sent to stay with her deceased mother’s family. Sometimes you just can't relate to the characters in a story. Daisy a 15 year old, New Yorker, and anorexic. I am fat, 39 year old, Oregonian and I couldn't relate to her story. Daisy and her cousins Isaac, Edmond, Osbert and Piper find themsleves alone at the start of the war. With indifferent feeling for the war the cousins go on with their day to day lives. The war abruptly changes their carefree lifes, splitting up the boys and girls. Trying to get reunited as a family Daisy goes through a change, maturing and healing her self-destructive behaviors. Daisy's selfishness ends from the caring and love for her family.
I enjoyed this part of the book but didn't care for Daisy character in the first chapters. I also wish that the author would have ended it without the Postscript ending.

Bryan R

138 of 1001


No comments:

Post a Comment