Friday, November 25, 2011

lavender's blue



A great book of nursery rhymes: famous and not so, some are still recited and loved. The illustrations are quite imaginative, some are black and white, some are in color. I  particularly remember one verse  about Humpty Dumpty, who was sitting on the wall. It was translated into Russian, and i really loved reciting it over and over in my childhood. This book is a real treasury of memories, childhood and the long gone past.
And here is one of my favorite verses form this book, because it reminds me of my husband:

Curly Locks! curly locks! wilt thou be mine?
Thou shall't not wash dishes, nor yet feed the swine,
But sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,
And feed upon strawberries, sugar, and cream!



0051 of 1001
Ksenia R

No comments:

Post a Comment