Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe By C.S. Lewis


The 1st book I will review will be “The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe” By C.S. Lewis. I have read this many times and I read it to my sons a few years back. I even bought the picture book at Christmas time and read it to them on Christmas Eve.  It has been made into a TV cartoon and a blockbuster movie. It is the story of four siblings entering the magical world through a wardrobe.

But I cannot read this book without remembering my mother. I was 10 years old or so and was a struggling reader. My mom bought the Narnia Chronicles from a local Christian book store. We read “The Lion the Witch and The wardrobe”: she was reading the odd numbered pages and I was reading even numbered pages. I struggled:  it took us 3 weeks to read it (I now can read it in one sitting). So, thank you Mom and C. S. Lewis - this is the book that helped me become a reader!

Bryan R

0002 of 1001

No comments:

Post a Comment