Thursday, October 27, 2011

NOW WE ARE SIX by A. A. Milne




I haven't read the Christopher Robin book, WHEN WE WERE VERY YOUNG yet but I did read NOW WE ARE SIX
For starters, I must say, A. A. Milne's "er-h'r'm" of the book is a must read!  It absolutely sets the stage for what follows as he waxes poetic about everything from Solitude toSneezles!   I especially enjoyed the the mostly simple and some complex drawings of E. H Shepard as I read the verses.  I kept thinking I would find a favorite as I read these 35 poems.  Each one was delightful but I especially liked The Old Sailor (I'm sure he suffered from attention deficit disorder), Us Two told of the faithful companionship of Christopher and Pooh and Come Out with Me was an awesome window into the heart and soul of a 6-year old.  
Bonnie R
0009 of 1001

No comments:

Post a Comment