Thursday, October 27, 2011

THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD



I stopped by the nursing home to visit my friend, Myra. (Age XXX...its not nice to ask)   I asked her if I could read a children's book to her.  "Sure!" she said.  So I pulled up a chair and read THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD by "Watty Piper".   When the Shiny New Engine had refused to help and I read.... How sad all the toys and dolls felt!  Myra interjected, "Me, too!"  At the Big Strong Engine's refusal I read.... And the dolls and toys were ready to cry!  And once again Myra said, "Me, too!"  But, with the arrival of the Little Blue Engine, the rest of the story was nothing less than heartwarming and Myra was all smiles.  When I asked her what she thought the moral of the story was she said, "Never give up!"  This book is used to teach children the value of optimism and hard work but I see an underlying theme of how one can make a difference when one is willing to help. 


Bonnie R

0011 of 1001

No comments:

Post a Comment